5/31/11

Roland Garros May 31 2011 - Viktor Troicki


A. MURRAY/V. Troicki
           
4‑6, 4‑6, 6‑3, 6‑2, 7‑5
           

       
VIKTOR TROICKI
           


            Q.  It's impossible for most of us to know what it feels like in a situation like that when you're serving for the match.  Can you describe what is going on in your mind and body when you're two points away from a beating the fourth seed?
            VIKTOR TROICKI:  Well, to tell you the truth, a lot is going on.  I guess this is sport.  I mean, I was really close to winning this match and didn't make it.
            I really feel disappointed right now.  I was just two points away on my serve, and he played it risky.  I was a bit nervous and didn't go for my shots at those points, and he took advantage of it, yeah, came back and won the match at the end.
            So, yeah, I mean, definitely one of the toughest losses in my career.  Not a good moment.  I mean, to go to the quarterfinals ‑‑ it was a great opportunity to go to the quarterfinals to play against Chela, to go for the semis.
            Don't know what to say right now.  It's just disappointing.

            Q.  What happened with the ball boy?  Did he disturb you or it has nothing to do with it?
            VIKTOR TROICKI:  What do you think?  No, I mean, sure, disturbed me for a couple of points.  I mean, I won that game, but still, I never saw ‑‑  haven't seen it on TV or ever.  I mean, since I watched tennis and I played tennis, I have never seen such a situation.  Kid just jumped in and messed up my point.
            I mean, I cannot blame him, but still, I was a little bit disappointed.

            Q.  Just to follow up on that, do you think you thought you should have been given the point?  If it had been against you...
            VIKTOR TROICKI:  The rule is, I mean, he came into the court right in the middle of the point and he didn't see that the ball was coming back in the court.
            The rule is if he's like in the middle of the court, we should replay the point.  But still, I mean, Andy had no chance to be back in the point, so...
            By the rules, I mean, we had to replay the point.

            Q.  Did Andy Murray seem injured to you playing against him?
            VIKTOR TROICKI:  No, not at all.  I mean, to me, he ran normal.  I mean, we played a couple of times before, so he was running full power and going for his shots.  He seemed normal.

            Q.  Did knowing that it would be Chela in the next round and knowing that would be a great opportunity, did that make you more nervous in the final set?
            VIKTOR TROICKI:  I could ‑‑ I mean, I can say yes, but still, I mean, Chela is a great player.  It would be tough to beat him.
            But, sure, I was thinking it's better to play Chela than to play Rafa to go to the semis of a Grand Slam.
            So, sure, I was thinking of it.  I knew it.  Maybe that's why I was a bit nervous in the final moments when I had to close it out.

            Q.  After the ball‑boy incident, do you think you would have reacted the same way Andy did?  I mean, it was normal for him not to say anything and just to...
            VIKTOR TROICKI:  Excuse me?

            Q.  Did you expect another reaction from Andy after the ball‑boy incident?
            VIKTOR TROICKI:  No.  I mean, he didn't do anything wrong.  He just continued playing the point.  I mean, he was lucky that the kid came in, but, I mean, I would have done the same if this happened.  It was just bad luck for me.
            But, I mean, this had nothing to do for the rest of the match.  I mean, I was 5‑3 up and 30‑Love, and ‑‑ I mean, 5‑2 first and then 5‑3, 30‑Love on my serve.  This had nothing to do.  If this was on 3‑2, I would say yeah.  This is on 3‑2.  This doesn't change anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment