5/31/11

Roland Garros May 31 2011 - Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova

F. SCHIAVONE/A. Pavlyuchenkova

1 6, 7 5, 7 5


ANASTASIA PAVLYUCHENKOVA


Q. Difficult match. You're a young girl. What did you learn?
ANASTASIA PAVLYUCHENKOVA: Um, very tough match, and, well, it's very difficult to lose this kind of matches and to lose in general.
So I just try to move on, try to forget this match, and I will try to take all the positive things.
You know, it's very good experience. It's my first quarterfinal and it's never easy to play good game and just to win easy the match in the quarterfinals, especially against Francesca. She was really great today, so...

Q. Were you at all shocked at her start because of her history here and defending champion? She's been playing really well. You were playing brilliantly at first and she seemed to be really off her game.
ANASTASIA PAVLYUCHENKOVA: Yeah, she made it tougher for me because she didn't really start well. She had quite a few mistakes, and I just started well from my side. I was very aggressive and seemed like she was always late and she couldn't you know, she was just hitting with the frame a lot of balls.
Also the conditions were very tough today, a lot of wind. I think this also affected her game a little bit.
Of course she probably was nervous, too. It's normal. But after, from 4 1, I don't know, maybe in the second maybe she relaxed, and, you know, it was very close for me to win the match. So she relaxed and started playing her game and started to put more balls in.
So then at that moment, I mean, I wasn't used to play rallies with her at the beginning. So this was tough also.

Q. There are many ways a player can lose a match. Sometimes more than one way in one match. Why do you think you lost the match today?
ANASTASIA PAVLYUCHENKOVA: Well, for sure I a little bit lost my concentration at 4 1 in the second. So everything was going well. Everything was going my way, I was dictating the game, and then all of the sudden she just took her serve at 4 1, she played good game.
At 4 2 I lost my concentration and I wasn't aggressive enough, and I just didn't serve well. I don't know. That game wasn't very good for me. 4 3, she started to feel better and she found her game and was putting a lot of balls in. They were so high.
It was really tough for me to attack them because they were high. I didn't feel like power anymore. I was trying to hit hard, and so she did a great job. After, she had courage, and it was tough to stop her.

No comments:

Post a Comment