5/31/11

Roland Garros May 30 2011 - Victoria Azarenka

V. AZARENKA/E. Makarova

6 2, 6 3


VICTORIA AZARENKA



Q. Just talk about this match and about your tournament. Obviously you haven't dropped a set and looked pretty sharp. How did you feel? Do you feel the same way you look on the court?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Yeah, pretty much. (Smiling.) I think so far, you know, as I was talking my previous press conference, I'm improving from match to match. I had a tough opponent today. We always had very long matches.
Today I think I came out really playing well. You know, was very strong from the beginning. Was a little bit of a slack after 2 0, but then I came back strong and I was dominating with every game.
Feel pretty good, pretty confident. Looking forward for my next match. Long journey.

Q. You've been to this stage of a major before, haven't broken through. Do you feel ready for that mentally? Is that a challenge for you?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Yeah, I think I'm in a different chapter of my career. You know, it's going to be a different quarterfinal for me. But I'm feeling really, really confident. You know, really looking forward to it.
I'm going to play against another tough opponent, so it's going to be a great challenge.

Q. What's the key to Na Li? You've played her. You lost to her in Australia. She hits an aggressive ball.
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Oh, yeah, for sure. She's one of the best strikers on the tour and she has a good serve. Well, the key is, you know, to really try to play my game, to be aggressive, and try to take that domination away from her.
Australia was a very good match from her. I think it's going to be very different, plus different surface.
But, you know, the mental is going to be the key to, you know, play, because she's very strong. You can never see emotions from her.
But, well, I'm really looking forward to really take the challenge and take a revenge from Australia.

Q. About the crowd, a lot of people say that the French Open crowd know their tennis, they're connoisseurs. What do you think about that?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Oh, yeah for sure. I think French people are I don't know how to say this word in English, but they really know tennis well, and they expect the good game from the players to show.
So I think it's nice. You know, they really don't clap on the bad points or on the double faults unless you play against French people, which is fair enough.
But I really like the crowd. I think they can be really respectful.

Q. If you don't come out of this tournament with at least a semi, how frustrated or disappointed will you be in this new chapter of your career?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: I see a little bit of a sarcasm from you there. Well, for me, I will be happy with whatever I have. You know, for me, it's important if I play my quarterfinal and I give the best I can in this match, I'm going to have no regrets definitely.

No comments:

Post a Comment