5/31/11

Roland Garros May 2011 - Mathilde Jahansson

. GOERGES/M. Johansson

6 1, 6 4


MATHILDE JOHANSSON


Q. What do you feel now? Is it twice, double mistake or double fault, or that was a good match for you?
MATHILDE JOHANSSON: Think it was three, not two. I'm a bit disappointed because I managed to break her at 5 4, and then I was down on my serve. It's so bothering.

Q. What about the draw? Wasn't it that good?
MATHILDE JOHANSSON: Could have been better, you know. A first round that would have been easier well it's never easy at Roland Garros, but I had to play 100% immediately.

Q. Are you satisfied with the way you played today? Anything special?
MATHILDE JOHANSSON: Well, today I couldn't say that this was a big match for me. Sometimes I was faster than she was, so that's a good thing. Today, all in all, it wasn't a special match.

Q. Was there stress on you because it's a Sunday, central court at Roland Garros?
MATHILDE JOHANSSON: Yes, a little stressed, of course. I don't do this every day, you know. So, yeah, a bit tense.
She started well immediately. I wasn't in the match immediately. During the second set it was more balanced. This is when I thought, What a pity, because she wasn't playing as well and I played better and I had more opportunities to seize.

Q. During the second set, you had hopes at the moment? You broke her.
MATHILDE JOHANSSON: Yes, yes. Then I didn't serve well after this, because she served really well. Then when I broke her, I should have served even better. That was my serve. Then it was very windy as well, you know.
It wasn't that obvious. I don't want to find excuses for everything because she played really well. She wasn't bothered by the gusts of wind. But I missed a few opportunities, that's true.

Q. You thought she would hit really strongly, that her serve would be really excellent. Was it difficult to play your style of game? Did you expect her to hit the ball this way?
MATHILDE JOHANSSON: I knew that, but also it's deep balls that she plays. When I was more offensive, she played really deep, and this would cancel my shots more or less.
And then during the second set I wasn't that bothered, so there was a moment when there was room for me to do something.

Q. Compared to last year, or even before, would you say you've improved?
MATHILDE JOHANSSON: Yes, of course. Absolutely. I'm not retracing my steps, but this year I made headway. I played well. So it's something that makes me angry to finish on Sunday.

Q. What are you going to do now?
MATHILDE JOHANSSON: Doubles and then mixed doubles, and then I'll practice again and play other tournaments.

Q. Who with?
MATHILDE JOHANSSON: Julie Coin.

No comments:

Post a Comment