5/31/11

Roland Garros May 29 2011 - Svetlana Kuznetsova

S. KUZNETSOVA/D. Hantuchova

6 7, 6 3, 6 2

SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA


Q. You want to talk about the match? Pretty good third set for you?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Yeah. I was a little bit frustrated in the first set. Took me a long time to get into the match, and I think next matches I shouldn't allow myself to make these things.
I have to play like I played second and third set. I started to play better. Just play my normal game.

Q. So getting moved from the stadium, you probably thought that might happen anyway, so did that have any effect when you had to move from Suzanne Lenglen over to Court 1?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: It was frustrated. Anyway, it's hard to have so long day and wait. Then to get move another court, I think scheduling was not too smart to do this. When you saw the schedule, I know already we couldn't play in this court. There was no chance. Even didn't know if Fognini would go five sets. It was no chance to play on this court.

Q. So were you happy with your level overall other than the first set? Did you feel like you were hitting the ball well, moving well?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: I happy with my game. I playing great. Happy with this. Only thing, I was not in the game, and I cannot allow myself to do this again.
I knew I was better. Even losing the first set, I had set points. And I had to just play better and stay focused. But I could manage to finish it 6 2 pretty easy.

Q. I'm not going to call her your coach. Did Anastasia have any special words before the match or after?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: No, in this small moment in the match, I looked at her and she's like, Move her. I'm like, Yeah, yeah, I know what to do. But she's supporting me. And I have great group of supporters, which I really appreciate. I just happy to be with them here and to play this French Open.

Q. Did she beat you on that court in 2004?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Yeah.

Q. It was. So when you looked over there, did you remember?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: No, I remember first match when I played. I told her, Yeah, yeah, it's your court. And she told me once she had thought about it as well.

Q. You want to talk a little bit about Bartoli? You know her well. She's been around for a number of years.
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: If I would choose the court to play against her, it would be clay court for sure, because is best surface for me and I think the worst for her.
Only thing is we played in France, so for her is going to be a lot of support. And this is the only thing.
But, anyway, I feel great. I play great. I just looking forward to play her. It's not gonna be easy match, but I have just play my game.

Q. One more question. But I guess just coming in here, your confidence probably wasn't at an all time high, so just to get to the second week and put yourself in a position to be a contender again, it's good for you?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Yeah. As I said always, if I get three, four matches under my belt, things start to be different for me. And now I solid on clay. I feel great. And always French Open brings out the best out of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment