5/31/11

Roland Garros. May 2011 - Andrea Petkovic

A. PETKOVIC/L. Hradecka

7 6, 6 2

ANDREA PETKOVIC

Q. How do you think it went today?
ANDREA PETKOVIC: I think I played solid. I wouldn't say it was an amazing match, but obviously the conditions were tough today. She served incredible in the first set.
Later she dropped a little in the first serve percentage, and I was able to exploit that in the right moments.
I think I played a solid tiebreak, and the most important points I think I played well.
I'm satisfied.

Q. And your next match is against either Gajdosova or Medina Garrigues. Do you have thoughts on either?
ANDREA PETKOVIC: Well, I played Jarka in Brisbane, which was I won, but it was a really tough match. She has I think one of the best strokes in the world. She just hits so hard and serves really well.
And Anabel I played I lost the last time I played her, but it was I think two years ago or maybe a year ago, so I will watch the match and try to prepare as well as possible and also send my coach to see a little bit so I can relax.
And I think I'm gonna be fine, yeah.

Q. This is not about the match, but do you change your dance recently? Why?
ANDREA PETKOVIC: Well, I said I wanted to stop dancing, and it's not a real dance anymore.
But after I stopped, I lost two times in the second round, and I played the most horrible tennis of my life probably. So I figure I think I have to change something. And in Strasbourg, because I think it fits for clay, the moonwalk, and I brought it in and I won the tournament. And I'm here in the third round, so I think it's going well. I have to keep it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment