5/31/11

Roland Garros May 31 2011 - Svetlana Kuznetsova

M. BARTOLI/S. Kuznetsova

6 7, 6 4


SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA


Q. I think you were broken five times in that match. What made it so difficult for you to hold serve?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: I think I served I mean, she put pressure on the serve and I served just bad. Yeah, just I didn't serve well enough today.

Q. Also, we had the impression that she was the one dominating from the baseline. Do you feel that you tried everything in that match and that you could have found a solution to beat her?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: I think she had all the luck possible. She hit so many lines. My balls were going three millimeters, four millimeters out. I missed so many chances.
For me today on the court it was the worst dream it was worse than the worst dream, so it was just her. The wind help her for sure. She was just playing good game, and I just played so bad.

Q. Most people understand emotion and people getting fired up and stuff, but when an opponent is as active as she is, jumping around, taking false swings, jumping around as you're preparing your serve, is that irritating at all?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: It's weird. I just try not to think about it. It's a little bit hard, a bit frustrating when you serve and you look at the opponent and she's swinging the racquet. Yeah, this is hard.
But it's not my reason of lose. I cannot lose this match. It's just too bad. I just had so horrible match.

Q. Who do you see going on to win the women's title now?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: I don't care. (Smiling.)
Really, I don't. I just had a lifetime chance. I think you don't get these chances this often. I was feeling great. I was playing great. Today was just a dark day. Just was horrible.
Still I was close to win. I was 4 3 up and forehand to come in the net and I missed it. I don't know about the women's round. Just too focused now about my match.

Q. Tough loss. You mentioned the bad luck. What role does luck play in tennis where we have draws, we have bad bounces, we have injuries, and so forth?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Well, I wouldn't say it's all luck. I just played disaster game I think today. She was playing good and hitting lots of lines.
I think she was lucky today. Yeah, I don't know how big is luck. In these matches, yeah, it's help her a lot in the first set. But still, if I would play normal game it would be so much different.

No comments:

Post a Comment