5/31/11

Roland Garros. May 27 2011 - Jelena Jankovic

J. JANKOVIC/B. Mattek Sands

6 2, 6 2


JELENA JANKOVIC


Q. A little chilly and uncomfortable out there. Wind, chilly, kind of uncomfortable to play.
JELENA JANKOVIC: The conditions were pretty tough out there. It was a lot cooler and, you know, the wind was swirling around.
But, you know, like it is for me it is for my opponent. So I really tried to focus on the ball and really move my feet. I'm really happy with my movement, and as well the way I played.
Good performance from my side.

Q. What are you your feelings about playing Francesca? How do you see that match?
JELENA JANKOVIC: I actually haven't played against her for a long time. I don't know, two years, so...
She's been playing well, and obviously she won this tournament last year. But I as well I play well here. I love playing on these clay courts. It's going to be a tough match. It's going to be a tough battle.
I just want to continue to play my game. I been playing pretty well, and I'm feeling I have a feeling that every match I'm playing much better and hitting the ball better and moving better, anticipating.
Overall, I'm making steps forward and improving. Hopefully I can do that in my next match.

Q. I don't know how well you know Bethanie, but you two seem, in certain ways, similar personalities. You're very outgoing, into fashion and everything. Talk a little bit about her. I don't know if you're friendly.
JELENA JANKOVIC: Yeah, we are friends. We are good friends actually off the court. Obviously when we are on the court, you know, each us, you know, wants to win. But when we are outside, especially like in the locker rooms, we always have fun and make jokes. She's a really nice girl.
When it comes to fashion, she's a little bit different than me. (Smiling.) She has her own style and she's different from everybody. That's what sets her apart from everyone else.
You know, I really like her a lot as a person. She's great.

Q. Just a little bit different question. In this season you have engaged Ivan Djurdjevic as a hitting partner.
JELENA JANKOVIC: Yeah.

Q. What does he have for you?
JELENA JANKOVIC: What do you mean? He's my hitting partner, and I know him since I was since we were kids. We used to train in the same club, in Red Star. You know, he went with me like many years ago, and now he has a chance as well to travel some more.
We are good friends, first of all. He's actually almost like my brother when it comes to because we know each other for many, many years. So it's nice to have people like that around.

Q. I just ask because he's playing for the club in my hometown. That's the reason why. Thank you.
JELENA JANKOVIC: Oh.

No comments:

Post a Comment