5/31/11

Roland Garros. May 2011 - Francesca Schiavone

F. SCHIAVONE/M. Oudin

6 2, 6 0

FRANCESCA SCHIAVONE

Q. No kissing of the court today. Do you save that?
FRANCESCA SCHIAVONE: No, I forgot. I don't know if I forgot or was not the moment. I am very instinct person, so no. Just leave this match normal.

Q. The first 10 years or so of your career you had made something like eight fourth rounds in the Grand Slams. Now you've made six out of the past seven. What has clicked now at 29, 30 years old you are a better player than you were in your 20s?
FRANCESCA SCHIAVONE: I think I am more cautioned over who I am and what I want. I think a lot of experience can became true in everything that I am doing. Not just tennis, but life.
Everything that I do, it's in one way, and now I know. Before it was a little bit yeah, but no, but yes. A lot of that. Now much better.

Q. It's very rare in tennis. We're more used to a Melanie Oudin who might have a big flash at the beginning of a career and then try to hold on. Your flash came very late.
FRANCESCA SCHIAVONE: No, I'm a little bit late, but late, I mean late of you, not for me.

Q. How does it feel to play the first match on the Chatrier as the defending champion?
FRANCESCA SCHIAVONE: I'm still shaking a little bit. My rush for everything. A lot of adrenaline. I felt really happy to be there. That's court is fantastic, because is compact. The court is perfect. Everything is going around you and is like -- you know when you go home and your mom do everything for you and you feel comfortable? Yeah, I felt like this but really a lot of adrenaline.
I was excited to be there at 11:00 on center court. Great. For me, is great.

Q. More nervous than usual because of the situation?
FRANCESCA SCHIAVONE: Yes, but with good feeling. So mix between nervous and really the chance to be good and to play tennis that I love.

Q. Is your preparation as good as you wanted before the tournament?
FRANCESCA SCHIAVONE: I already say in Rome that, you know, when you win a lot of matches, you arrive in a Grand Slam with a better feeling, but I am really particular. So every time I have to say that there is a preparation for sure: mentally, tactically, physically.
But is some days that I feel much better than before. So I'm positive and I want to live really every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment