5/31/11

Roland Garros May 2011 - Anastasia Rodionova

. RODIONOVA/E. Gallovits Hall

6 1, 6 4

ANASTASIA RODIONOVA

Q. Third round again. You must be thrilled with the result today.
ANASTASIA RODIONOVA: Of course I'm happy the way played today. I think it was pretty solid win. You know, of course I'm happy that I'm in the third round, and looking forward to be there and compete as hard as I can.

Q. How are you feeling about your game between the first and second rounds? Do you think you improved, stepped it up, or just gradually progressed?
ANASTASIA RODIONOVA: They're very different players. You know, you cannot compare Gallovits and Nadia. Nadia has huge serve, she hits big, and Gallovits is you know, she's creating long points.
So I felt like I you know, we had a game plan for the match, and I executed well from the first game. Yeah, I just, you know, felt really good on the court. I would like to keep it that way.

Q. Do you have a preference between Lisicki and Zvonareva?
ANASTASIA RODIONOVA: No. I beat both of them, so... (laughing.)
It was a long time ago, but I've played against Sabine and Vera. So I think whoever wins, I'll play against that person.
I played against Vera here last year, but she's a very different player. She played two Grand Slam finals after that. She's definitely done a lot of good things in the past year. It's definitely going to be tough match against any of them.
Lisicki qualified and won already one round, so it shows that she's in good form. It doesn't matter who I play against, it's going to be definitely not be an easy draw.

Q. If it was to be Vera once more, do you feel you game for some reason matches up quite well against hers compared to other girls?
ANASTASIA RODIONOVA: Well, I did play against her last year and I beat her, so hopefully that's the case. Whatever worked last year, you know, it would be nice if it would work again.

Q. Do you think there's something about the way that you play that sort of maybe makes life uncomfortable for Vera?
ANASTASIA RODIONOVA: I really hope so. The way I play, I hope that my game makes a lot of people uncomfortable, including Lisicki and Zvonareva.

No comments:

Post a Comment