5/31/11

Roland Garros. May 2011 - Svetlana Kuznetsova

May 27 2011

S. KUZNETSOVA/R. Marino

6 0, 6 4


SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA


Q. Just talk about your level, how feel you played, and maybe just look forward to the next match maybe.
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Well, I think I'm playing all right. I'm feeling good, confident. I had few matches. For me it was the most important moment of this tournament for me so far.
Now it's starting to be more complicated matches. I pass three rounds, so next round going to be hard. Just have to focus and start to play better.

Q. Anastasia has come to coach you just here?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: But, you know, the thing is, I said Anastasia going to help me, and I see in the press everywhere Myskina is the new coach. It's not like this.
I mean, I know you guys boring in the press. Probably you don't have big stories, so that's why you put Myskina is new coach. She got scared. Poor girl. I mean, come on. She just helps us with Larisa.

Q. So she quit already? She got scared and quit?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: No, she never quits. Never. Even when I had match points against her in French Open 2004, she never quitted then; I don't think she will quit now.
The thing is she just helps us, and she's good friends with Larisa. She wanted to come to Paris. But she helps us, and she makes us company and everything and good atmosphere.
She will be helping me, but she will not be my coach. My coach is Larisa.

Q. So she's a consultant and she's helping here and then, what, maybe Wimbledon, or it's undetermined right now?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: The thing is when Larisa is, Larisa is. When Larisa won't to be with me, I think Anastasia will be if I make it clear.
And whenever Anastasia can come and she would like to come, she's coming.

Q. Do you have to baby sit then if she comes?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: I do the baby sitting for her and she coaches me for me.

Q. Good exchange. The women's draw is quite open. Do you consider yourself as one of the many favorites?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: No, I don't consider me as favorite. I consider me just a player who is good on clay court and who is looking forward to play next match and do my best.

Q. If you were to consider this year with the year you won the title here, what's different and what's similar?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: I'm two years older. That's the main thing.

Q. On court.
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: I'm a little bit more mature, I think. I don't know. That year it came up everything together and I won this title, but maybe it will come this year as well you. You never know.
Only the best I can do is to go out there and give my best and to fight. And God help me and if everything goes well and I can play well, maybe.

Q. Do you really feel like the draw is wide open, or do you think there are maybe five, six players who can win?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: I don't think about it at all actually, if I tell you. I think anyone can win, but, yeah, there is most of all more chances have five, six players.

Q. Just talk a little bit about Caroline and her good qualities and maybe some things that players can do against her to win.
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Well, I think you have to play attack game against her for sure. I think she has good qualities. She is very consistent and brings you a lot balls back. That's it.

Q. I would like to ask you an unusual question. We in the press are always judging the players. If you had to say, what kind of job do you think the media does overall?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: (Smiling.) What do you mean?

Q. I mean in terms of the tennis media, the journalists, do they report the game in an accurate way? Are they of a good knowledge level? Do they tell the story well, or not so? Do they exaggerate?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: I think overall, especially after my last press conference, I understand you guys trying to make sometimes story when there is not much story make. You try to build up big news so people probably buy newspaper.
But I think it's a huge job what you have to do. You have to write something so people go and spend money and buy your newspaper.
I don't want to judge. I don't judge. I just say what it is. Then I think it's like you ask me question I would ask you: What do you think the job players do? Do they play all right? Some of them do; some of them don't.
So it's the same thing about reporters. Some of you guys are very good and know tennis, and some of you guys come and ask me questions when I ask not to ask this question, you know.
So it's personal. Everybody is different. Some people, they want to catch you in something. They ask a question in very provocative way so they answer something which they can sell after.
And some of them just write about tennis. But when they just write about tennis it's normally boring and nobody reads you, so probably you need to write something which is interesting.
So it's tricky question. I don't know what to answer exactly on that.

Q. So there are some Federers and there are some reporters who should be in the circuits, playing the challengers?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Exactly.

Q. Just going back to Anastasia, when she is with you, in which ways do you think she'll be able to help you?
SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA: Well, my main coach, as I say again, is Larisa, right? So we were looking for somebody who goes well with Larisa. Anastasia, she won't be able to coach me all the time, and I like Larisa too much to let her go.
So Larisa is the main coach, and Anastasia going to be good option because they understand each other with Larisa well. She can explain me things. I respect her as a player before as a personality. She knows a lot about tennis.
I've been reading these comments what they make. For me it's a joke, because she don't know tennis and they sit in the sofa back in Kazakhstan or Turkey or somewhere and they try to tell you what's wrong and what's not good and that Anastasia was not playing the same game as I was.
But what's the point of having somebody playing the same game as I was, because I know exactly and I know what it is. She teaches me to be smarter maybe a little bit. She was very smart on the court, so I think I can learn it from her. She knew exactly how to play tactically. I think she's good about it.
And she can tell me what to do when I am for example back in Moscow: This is what I been struggling, because Larisa is not there. I don't want to practice alone. Anastasia can do good exercises and just follow up with me and maybe give me some new things.
As along as it will be going through, I will tell you more. So far it's only my expectations, and I don't want to expect too much. So as along as it will go, I will let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment