5/31/11

Roland Garros. May 2011 - Daniela Hantuchova

D. HANTUCHOVA/S. Zhang

6 3, 6 3

DANIELA HANTUCHOVA

Q. You're playing with Agnieszka Radwanska doubles this year. You are a good team. What you can do in Grand Slam this year?
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Um, yeah, like you said, we are having so much fun. It's really great to play with her. Not only on the court, but off the court also I think we are very good friends.
We don't know what we can do in slam. I mean, we just started beginning of the year and really didn't expect anything, and suddenly there we are winning Miami. It was quite amazing.
Of course we try to do well in the slams as well, but it's more important just having fun and really enjoying the tennis.

Q. How would describe that match?
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: It was okay. I for sure know I could have played much better. At the same time, I just did what I needed to do today. It was a good test for me today.
I'm feeling very good, especially in the practice, and also last week I was playing some good tennis. Hopefully my form can just go higher.

Q. Some of the players have been talking about balls and how hard they are and what effect they're having on the game. What do you think about it?
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Yeah, I got used to them last week because they were the same. It took me a few days to adjust my shots. Yeah, they do fly a little more, but I like that. The faster the better, so I can't complain.

Q. Are they kicking more on the serve?
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Yes, they are, especially when there is a ball change. There is a huge difference.

Q. You've been working a lot on your fitness and physical training. You did work with Gill Reyes; is that correct?
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: I did go to Vegas for two weeks a year ago, a year and a half ago, but for the last three years I've been working with Pat Etcheberry.

Q. Can you talk about how that's affected your game and maybe also if it's affected your attitude or the mental aspect of the game?
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Definitely being physically prepared helps you mentally as well. I think I did a great job the last few months. We worked very, very hard with Pat. Seems like it's paying off in the practice for the moment, and hopefully it will come in the results as well. I feel like we have put the work in, it's just a matter of time to put it all together.

Q. What exactly did you work on?
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Mainly the weights and the power, because that's what I need in today's tennis because it's becoming so much more physical. I never had problems with endurance, because I feel like I can stay on the court for as long as I need to.
But, yeah, just tried to bring the power up. Yeah, we did a lot of hours in the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment