5/31/11

Roland Garros. May 27 2001 - Zvonareva

V. ZVONAREVA/A. Rodionova

6 2, 6 3

VERA ZVONAREVA



Q. Just one question. Kim Clijsters is out and Wozniacki is out. You're like the top seed. How do you feel about that?
VERA ZVONAREVA: Well, unfortunately they lost because I think they are, you know, great champions. But it is part of the game.
I'm not really paying attention to what's going on. I'm trying to focus on my matches. Seedings is nothing. You have to focus on your matches. That's what I'm going to try to do. That's it.

Q. But are you somehow surprised they're already out of this tournament? Had you expected to meet one of them later?
VERA ZVONAREVA: What I'm expecting is to try to improve my game every day and try to get to the next rounds.
You know, it's tennis; that's the game. I think women's tennis is at a very high level; it's very competitive. Coming into the tournament, you never know who is going to win it. It's very tough competition right now.
So it happens that Kim and Caroline can lose matches. I think it's part of the game. So, no, not surprised.

Q. In the match after the next round you could meet Francesca Schiavone. In ten match you always win. How can you do that?
VERA ZVONAREVA: You know, I think next match that I'm playing is against the winner of Pavlyuchenkova and Llagostera. That's all I'm trying to focus on. I don't think about anything else, to be honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment