5/31/11

Roland Garros May 30 2011 - Ekaterina Makarova

V. AZARENKA/E. Makarova

6 2, 6 3

EKATERINA MAKAROVA

Q. Tell me about the match and also about Victoria's level. You've beaten her, but you haven't played her on clay.
EKATERINA MAKAROVA: Yeah, of course she's great player and it's really tough to play against her. I'm a little bit upset I couldn't show my best tennis today.
She played pretty clear, like not easy mistakes and all the time pushing me. So I don't know. I think it just wasn't my best day.

Q. Do you think she's playing at a level to win the tournament at this point? It seems very wide open.
EKATERINA MAKAROVA: Yeah, of course. Like she can win it. She play great tennis all the time pushing the opponent, so it's really tough to play against her, so of course she can win this tournament.

No comments:

Post a Comment