6/2/11

Roland Garros June 2 2011 - Francesca Schiavone


F. SCHIAVONE/M. Bartoli
           
6‑3, 6‑3
           

FRANCESCA SCHIAVONE
           

            Q.  The question is, didn't she bother you with all these movements between points, all the movements she was doing from the start of the match until...
            FRANCESCA SCHIAVONE:  No, no, no, she does everything ‑‑ all the time she makes some movement.
            No, no, I make mine; she makes hers.

            Q.  Because the players want to be focused, and this is something...
            FRANCESCA SCHIAVONE:  Oh, no, no.  She took maybe too much time, but then the umpire give her the time violation.
            But, no, no, everybody are different.  No, is not a problem.

            Q.  You clearly have proven again that you're a different player at Roland Garros than anywhere else, including the clay court tournaments this year.  What is your explanation for why you have been able to do it this year again?
            FRANCESCA SCHIAVONE:  No, I think because is inspiration.  When I was young I always dreamed this tournament, so maybe is coming from a long, long time ago.
            When I come here, I feel something special.  That's all.

            Q.  What is it about your game that you feel makes you so effective on this surface?
            FRANCESCA SCHIAVONE:  Because the ball is bounce a lot; when there is sun is better for me because I can play deep and heavy.
            I think is great court.  There is no bounce different.  Of course is French Open, so is good for me.  I don't know what to say.  Is good for me for spin, for different kind of balls.  I like to play high and then stop short.
            Everything mix.  I love it.

            Q.  It sounded as if 50 Italians made more sound than the whole stadium.  How did you feel about that?
            FRANCESCA SCHIAVONE:  No, was not like this.  The crowd today I think was fantastic with Marion.  They support her from the first point until the end.  But I can understand.  When I play Roma is the same.  So is great to have 15,000 person with you.
            But I have to say thanks to my 50 or 100, I don't know, fans that they came today.  For me is always a pleasure to play in front of all this crowd and all these fans.

            Q.  This time you're not going to be an outsider in the final but a defending champion.  How is that going to make you feel when you're going to go on court as a finalist?  Is it going to make any change or not?
            FRANCESCA SCHIAVONE:  Of course is a final.  I can't see this final like the first round.  It's impossible.  It's just final, but you are at the end of a fantastic project and great wishes, dream.
            So I think Saturday I will go on the court enjoying, breathing, say thanks for everything, because for me to arrive in final is fantastic, is big emotions.
            And then play tennis.  Sometimes we forget to play tennis, and we go inside us and we break everything and we are upset.  But is just tennis.
            It's fantastic.  And I have the chance to play good, because I play against a really tough opponent.  I think she's playing one of the best tennis in her career from Australia.  She's pushing strong physically, mentally.  She has not anymore so much down, but she keep going at high level.
            So I have to play I think 80%, 90%, 100% to win and to play good.

            Q.  You are going to play Na Li in the final, and it's going to be the oldest like final in terms of combined age.  Do you have any comments on that?  What kind of a match do you think it's going to be?
            FRANCESCA SCHIAVONE:  I didn't understand the first part.  (Through translation.)
            Ah, okay.  I didn't know.  (Smiling.)
            Yeah, is mean that we are ‑‑ the years can help a lot.  The experience maybe are changing a little bit the age, because some years ago the champion were always young players:  Martina Hingis, the Williamses.  Now are changing.
            Like I said some days ago, is like the wine.  Stay in the bottle more is much, much better.  So is good to be there.  Li Na is, I just say before that she has a great performance with Sharapova today, and some days ago against Azarenka.  So I have to play really good and be strong here and physically.
            We are not similar like playing, but we are strong person, strong personality.  I play kicker, slice, and topspin.  She play much more with power.
            But the key can be the consistent and maybe attack or play deep.  Many small things can make the difference.

            Q.  You said earlier that Roland Garros was important to you when you were young.  Could you be more specific?  Do you remember your first Roland Garros, players that you saw or particular memories when you were young?
            FRANCESCA SCHIAVONE:  When I came here the first year was in junior, and I played qualification in another club and then I came here.
            I played first round, second round, and then I lost in the quarterfinal, junior.
            During that week there was big match, Graf, Steffi Graf, against Monica Seles.  I remember that I went there with the camera with picture, to take a picture.  Every year before come here, I go to watch that picture.  And is one.  Is one picture.
            So I think in that moment I was in Suzanne Lenglen like a normal person, like in the public, in the crowd.  I remember that moment, and I say, I want to play in this court.  I want to be like them.  Maybe this one can make the difference.  I don't know.

            Q.  Which one did you root for, Monica or Steffi?
            FRANCESCA SCHIAVONE:  Ah.  For me?  I remember that I have in my room two posters ‑‑ more than two, but in those poster, there were both.  So Steffi and Monica, big example.  Steffi for mix it up everything and mentally strong, and Monica for an amazing talent and great moving and good, really tough mind.
            I think both of them are fantastic, were being fantastic.
                  

No comments:

Post a Comment