6/1/11

Roland Garros. June 1 2011 - Victoria Azarenka


N. LI/V. Azarenka
           
7‑5, 6‑2
           
           
VICTORIA AZARENKA
           

            Q.  You have had a great spring; you were playing very well here; but you ran into a pretty tough player today, it looked like.
            VICTORIA AZARENKA:  Yeah, definitely.  I mean, she was a better player today.  She played very well in the important moments.
            I wasn't playing ‑‑ I don't think I was playing my best tennis today, but I was really fighting hard and trying to, you know, get the momentum going.  It just didn't happen today.
            But as I said, you know, I had opportunities in the first set.  It was really close.  But I wasn't just disciplined enough to take them.

            Q.  Were you thinking in your own mind that, you know, maybe getting a second set or something there would be a chance where she would take her eye off the ball a little bit or give you an opportunity to come back into it?
            VICTORIA AZARENKA:  No, but I was trying, you know, to work my way through.  She was just, as I said, very solid, you know, on the important moments and on the key points

No comments:

Post a Comment