6/12/11

Eastbourne AEGON International. June 12 2001. Victoria Azarenka


Victoria Azarenka


Q: How frustrating is it for you, this weather and not being able to practice and things?

Azarenka: Well it’s depressing a little bit. You just constantly want to sleep and wearing like two lifejackets not to drown in the rain. There is nothing you can do about it.

Q: What do you do when it rains like this?

Azarenka: Nothing, absolutely nothing. You are just on the internet, watch a movie, read a book, blah blah blah with people. It’s a little bit like a zoo right there, in the lounge.

Q: You went into Roland Garros as one of the favourites and now you are one of the favourites for the grass court season. How do you feel about that? Is it pressure?

Azarenka: There is a lot of favourites right now especially with Serena and Venus coming back you know. It’s a good problem to have to be one of the favourites. It’s a very long way to go, it’s not because you are favourite that you are going to win, it’s a lot of hard work and a lot of things that have to go in the right place for you to succeed. Honestly I’m just looking forward for my first match on grass is going to be here so we’ll see how it goes.

Q: What’s been the reaction to Venus and Serena coming back? Are people scared, happy?

Azarenka: You should ask people, I don’t know. I can only speak for myself and I’m excited that they are coming back. I think it’s great for the sport, great for the competition and for me I’d love to play both of them so I’m happy they are back healthy. It’s good.

No comments:

Post a Comment